Frog Control Valve Blowing Out?

strmh

May 5, 2013
Anyone ever experience their Frog (chlorinator) control valve blowing out when pump is on high?

Mine has done it twice now and I can't see where any parts are missing.......the control valve just presses in and there doesn't appear to be anything that locks in in place?

Glad I was home when she blew otherwise I think I could have pumped my pool empty.

(New pool owner so I'm sure it's something I'm doing??)

Thanks

Was it brand new? It does sound like some worn parts so hoping it isn't new.

If it's new you should be able to get it replaced under warranty, if they will just give you back the cash you spent on it that would be better yet.

I am a recovered pool frog owner, and now that I understand everything about them I would never use one again.

Yes, brand new.

And......I'm afraid I ordered the Frog with the pool before I found this site. It was a DIY install and I've dedicated all my time to getting the thing in the ground and filled with water. After I get my pump house built, I'll take a little time to look into a better way to maintain my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.