Test results

Jun 10, 2007
The water was cloudy the other day, but now has cleared up. This is what I got.
I have a plaster pool and use the Hayward swg.

cl - 5
ph - 7.5
cya - filled up the tube and the dot was still slightly visible
ta - 60
fc - 1.5
cc - 0

Thanks all

:-D

If your tube filled up, it means you have less than 20 ppm of CYA, and you need 60-80 for a SWG.

Using the pool calculator, determine the dosage to raise your CYA to 60. Add that in your skimmer, and don't backwash or clean your filter for a week, while it dissolves. Then retest. You can always add more, you don't want to overshoot.

To me, there is an inconsistency in your numbers. You show CL 5
cc - 0 and
FC 1.5?

That doesn't make sense. Can you confirm?

I may have done the FC and the CC tests wrong and will try them again tomorrow. I was thinking the same thing.

How do you raise the cya?

I saw the pool calculator in your sig Jason and now know how to raise it.

That calculator is awesome by the way.

You buy CYA aka Cyanuric Acid or at Walmart and pool stores might be labeled as Stabilizer.

Use the pool calculator to determine your dosage based on your pool gallons (I don't know what your pool size is) and then put it in your skimmer and let it dissolve in your filter, could take up to a week to fully register the total amount on a test. That's why you don't want to clean or backwash a filter during that time as you will lose CYA you just put in... Always under dose, you don't want to overshoot and then have problems resulting from CYA that's TOO high.

michael2113 said:
I may have done the FC and the CC tests wrong and will try them again tomorrow. I was thinking the same thing.

How do you raise the cya?

I saw the pool calculator in your sig Jason and now know how to raise it.

That calculator is awesome by the way.

That calculator is pure magic :shock: :-D :!:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.