Hotel Worker, curious about hotels indoor pool

Richard320 said:
Disgusting.

And I'm willing to bet there are still people using it. A few years back, I stayed at a hotel with a similar cesspool. People were in the water while just feet away in the spillover spa, were huge - I'm talking a foot high - piles of scuzzy foam on the spa. I saw a woman doing her water aerobics, walking back and forth, and her feet disappeared.

Just call the health department. And look for a labor lawyer...you could be looking at a sizeable payoff under whistleblower protection laws.
Richard,
Do you think a payoff could be had for whistleblowing, if so sounds very interesting. But on the other hand it would be nice to report this and not have the burden of being fired as I do need the income of said job. Whistleblower protection act

FrontDeskClerk said:
Richard320 said:
Disgusting.

And I'm willing to bet there are still people using it. A few years back, I stayed at a hotel with a similar cesspool. People were in the water while just feet away in the spillover spa, were huge - I'm talking a foot high - piles of scuzzy foam on the spa. I saw a woman doing her water aerobics, walking back and forth, and her feet disappeared.

Just call the health department. And look for a labor lawyer...you could be looking at a sizeable payoff under whistleblower protection laws.
Richard,
Do you think a payoff could be had for whistleblowing, if so sounds very interesting. But on the other hand it would be nice to report this and not have the burden of being fired as I do need the income of said job. Whistleblower protection act
Call a lawyer. And you could only collect if you got fired shortly thereafter and could make a case that it was retaliatory.

As for the National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF) Certified Pool Operator (CPO) course, see this link and select North Carolina to see when there are courses in your area. Charlotte has them around every month. Greensboro has nearly as many. There is one in Raleigh in September.

The CPO course is an excellent course and though I didn't take the course itself, I did get the handbook and expanded upon or corrected the pool water chemistry chapters in the thread Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training -- What is not taught. The rules for commercial/public pools are different than for residential pools and this course is one of the best ways to get up to speed, along with reading your state (and county, if applicable) regulations/codes.

The biggest challenge with commercial/public pools is their higher bather-load and how to best handle that. However, for the pool you are dealing with now, it's simply in an inexcusable state. It's not that algae is harmful, but the lack of chlorine that has allowed for the algae may be allowing for bacterial and other pathogen contamination as well and the lack of visibility to the bottom is a definite safety hazard since one cannot see someone who is drowning lying at the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.