waterfall

Apr 24, 2013
thinking about buying this off craigslist ad it is foam and fiberglass. i have deck all around my ag pool . question is how would be the best way to hook this up to existing pool pump or run a seperate pump just for waterfall ? i have a 2 speed 2hp pool pump now

Attachments

• waterfall1.jpg
    waterfall1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 470
  • waterfall2.jpg
    waterfall2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 467
I can't tell how the plumbing is configured.

Are you planning on sitting the pump inside the pool or in an overflow basin?
I'd think you'd need as large a pump as you can get in one of those submersible units.

i would really like to get a pump that is not in the water. an external pump that way the only thing that is in the water would be the intake line ? as far as plumbing im sure i will have to do some rigging on this thing it is 4 foot high 4foot wide 5 foot long all it is is the shell .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Basically head is the height in feet that the pump has to move the water.
The cutoff is the maximum height that the pump is able to pump. Once you reach that height the pump won't even pump water out of an open pipe. From the pump discharge to the cutoff height the flow from the pump gets less and less the closer you get to cutoff.

I hesitate to recommend a pump because I don't know nearly enough about the installation.

I feel the same thing. If you put the pump on the deck, you need a suction line to draw water up (suction) and another tube to pump the water the top of the waterfall. The head would be the distance between the pump and the top of the falls. And the pump is now air cooled and creating noise. If you have pump IN the falls, you need a submersible.

You are asking us about things we don't know. Try talking with a pond or waterfall expert at a store or maybe a pond forum.

If you were talking about an Intex pump or a Hayward, we would know... but your not.

i think i am going to just hook it up to the pool pump with a diverter valve are there any schematics on here as to what i would need. my set up now is 2 inch pvc coming from filter into pool heater. back out from heater into pool . would i just cut the pvc pipe going into pool and run it to thewaterfall from there what kind of valves etc

yeah i think that is the way i am going to go from talking to a pond and waterfall store they are talking about needing a very high dollar pump to do what i want $200 plus no way too much money. would i need a ball valve for the line going to the waterfall and one going to the pool return probably would make things easier to adjust right . there anyone on here that has done this i did a search no luck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.