Aqua Genie problem

I just had my liner replaced and now when the filter pump is turned on, the aqua genie is shooting the water up instead of down which is causing the water in front of the skimmer to "boil" which is affecting the circulation of the water. My pool guy came back to evaluate the problem but could not come up with a definite cause. His first theory is that the "front Plate" warped while sitting in the hot sun while the replacement process took place (3 days). His other theory is that the replacement gasket for the front plate is too thick. The front plate will not go flush. The pool is 20+ years old and there have not been any problems when the liner was previously replaced. Does anyone have any suggestions that I can give to my pool guy? Thanks

It sounds like they didn't trim the liner all the way to the bottom of the Aqua Genie. If the installers weren't familiar with the Aqua Genie skimmers they may not have known how to trim the liner.

You should be able to look into the front of the skimmer and see if there's an obstruction.

I checked out the front of the skimmer and it has been trimmed out all the way to the bottom of the aqua genie. It seems like the front plate was put in upside down and the water is being diverted up instead of down. The pool guy says that is not the case. Does anyone know if the front plate on the aqua genie can be installed upside down and if it can, would it shoot the water upward instead of downward? Thanks

If you look at the manual it has a warning about positioning the nozzle slots so that they slope downward so that water flows toward the bottom of the pool. So I'd say it can definitely be installed upside down.

I printed the manual last night and called the pool guy this morning to let him know that I had been in this forum and that the consensus, Dave and I, was that the nozzle slots were upside down and pointing up instead of down. Also told him I would leave the manual on the deck for him to come by and take a look at. He called me at lunch to let me know that the slots were upside down and the problem was taken care of. Thanks Dave.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.