New Pool Build Robertson Pools (McKinney TX.)

Jun 8, 2013
After getting 5 pool estimates I finally narrowed it down to Robertson Pools Inc. Salesman (Aaron Boulton). The decision was based on my bid leveling via a spreadsheet and Robertson Pools seamed to be willing to negotiate and ended up with the best overall package. I signed a contract towards the end of June and we now have HOA approval and the permit from the city. Our dig date is scheduled for 8/2/2013. See below my pool specs for the build.

Gunite Pool
Pool Perimeter 86'
Pool/Spa Perimeter 92'
Pool Size L:32' W:18'
Gallons 15,600
Coping Oklahoma Flag Stone
Tanning Deck
Benches 4
18" Elevated Spa 7.5' (8 water rotating jets w/message package)
Jandy LED lights
Jandy 60 DE Filter
Jandy E Pump Variable Speed
Jandy LXI 400K BTU
Del Ozone Eclipse CD
RB 320 Inline Chlorinator
iAqualink RS-PR w/Aqua Palm Wireless
Polaris 280 w-booster pump
Finish Satin Matrix (Wet Edge)
800 Sq' of Stamped Concrete Decking
Gas 18" Gas Fire Ring
16'X9' Cedar Arbor

So far I have been pleased with the process and my salesman.
Riverbend was actually my second choice with regards to pricing and quality of build.

As far as price My 5 bids were 53k - 62k and I ended up towards the middle.

Well I received a call yesterday from Robertson Pools telling me they are ahead of schedule and want to start the dig tomorrow. YAY!!! :lol: The superintendent for Robertson Pools for the project is Anita Calicchio, Anita called me yesterday and came by the house to take a look at our yard. She also called me first thing this morning and let me know they would arrive between 11:00-12:00 to do the layout and start the dig. She also let me know what to expect and said we would sit down and go over the drawings and the contract when she arrives. So far everything has been well communicated and professional.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They showed up this afternoon and started working. I met with the superintendent Anita Calicchio to review the drawings, contract and expectations for the project.
I really liked her, she was open, honest and reassured me that I had chose the right pool builder. They took a piece of fence a post down and leveled the dirt on the side of the house for access. WOW that big back hoe barely fit (inches) but I'm glad it did cause the dig so far has had a lot of shell rock. So far they removed 4 loads of dirt (~2 hrs.), marked the pool for me to review and will be back after dinner to form/stake the pool. Tomorrow morning the plan is to finish the dig, Saturday the steel will be put in, and Monday they will start plumbing. GO! GO! GO! Anita told up front that things will move along quickly until we hit tile and to expect a 10 day wait for the tile, she reassured me that during the tile bottle neck that they will do the electrical and gas, once tile is complete we should be back off to the races. The only items that Robertson subs out is Electrical, Gas, and Gunite however; the Gunite company has been with them for the last 15 yrs. Really pumped so far it has been a great process. When all of there nice, newer equipment showed up (2-back hoes, bobcat, two dump trucks, two newer work trucks) it looked cool to see them line the street. Poor neighbors :lol:

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    100 KB · Views: 762
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 758
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 755
We are using Robertson and we actually requested Anita. We are ready for tile and coping within the next couple of days. Anita is the best and she will make sure everything gets done the way you want it. We just can't decide between Wetedge Satin Matrix or to spend the extra for the Primera Stone. Any thoughts? She came to our house in Flower Mound from a dig in McKinney yesterday....perhaps that was yours :).

I definitely like the Primera Stone finish it's cool, pebble look but smooth. Satin Matrix seemed like a good buy and it has the 15 yr. warranty. I eneded up spending the money else where, upgraded my lights to color LED's and then went with the White Diamond color for the pebble finish so the lights would show well at night. If it's in your budget I'd go for it but I had to hold some funds back for Sod and in case we hit rock. :-D

Wow, nice to see all that flurry of activity right from the start! We're heavily considering Robertson for our pool (as you know from our email conversation) -- if we end up going that way I might have to request Anita as well. Always good to know the project manager is so on the ball like she seems to be. As I'm sure we've all done, I've spooked myself by reading the horror stories on this site. Project managers that show up at random times and never have any sort of plan and offer zero communication. Anita is certainly starting off on a very good note!

Keep the pics coming!! :-D

Mark

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.