Pool Renovation - before and after

sddtx

Feb 2, 2013
DFW, Texas
Our pool was originally built in 1997. Like everything it started to get worn and outdated. In January of 2013 we contracted for a remodel.

Before remodel. The pool is drained and yes, that is some North Texas snow that you might see there.

As you can see, there was some scaling and some staining of the plaster due to the ill-advised use of a Frog mineral/chlorine system for 15 1/2 years.

The renovation was completed in February 2013. Fast forward to today and this is what we ended up with. :)

I found this site and decided to invest in a Stenner pump for chlorine dosing. Couldn't be happier with it. That evil Nature 2 trichlor/mineral system you see there was unfortunately picked by me before I decided to get the Stenner pump but I had it put in during the renovation. It has never been filled with tabs or the mineral pack. I run the Stenner through the iAqualink system.

So, I am willing to bet that the pool will survive over the next 16 years looking better than it did before the renovation. Thanks to this site for leading me to a better way to maintain our pool! :)

I can't believe you replaced those hang-glider marker tiles on the steps!!! :-D

Beautiful renovation to fix issues and bring the decor up to date. Can you talk a bit about the decking and coping? They are very nice!

@sddtx,
That looks fantastic!! May I ask whom you utilized for the contract remodel and rough cost (if you are okay with that - feel free to pm)? My pool was done by Blue Haven back in the mid 90's and I bought the house last summer, knowing that the decking was buckling and shifting and deckoseal was needed and replastering. Well the winter/rain/drought now have caused that deterioration to accelerate way faster than anticipated and now I fear the shell could be in trouble soon so I need to get some contractors out. Any recommendations are appreciated. Yours is basically EXACTLY how I'd want to update mine from it's current 90's styling.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Awesome remodel. Did they remove the old exposed aggregate and put down all new concrete or did they do a concrete overlay? We are in the process of doing an overlay on our existing peagravel deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.