House closed escrow with itchy pool

Jun 18, 2013
I ordered my tf-100 test kit & I should soon receive it. In the meantime I purchased a basic tester. There was some alge growth. So I put a 1lb bag of shock and ran the filter all night. And I scrubbed the pool. Pool is clear & chlorine is at good level & ph is good. Parents went swimming yesterday. (I didn't) &'they said they itched real bad. What could it be? Please help. Btw... I printed pool school & read it over and over. Thanks. ;)

When FC levels are too low for your CYA level it is easy for a variety of nasties to grow in the water, which can cause a wide variety of symptoms, including itching. Itching can also occur when the PH is out of range.

It is our experience that real estate people and many people selling homes with pools only care about how the pool water looks and will do almost anything to make it clear, this can result in somewhat clear water that is WAY out of balance. If you post full test numbers we can try to help.

Ike

Okay... Tester didn't have numbers just a color match within range. When I get my tf-100 kit I'll post actual numbers. I won't have Internet until tomorrow when cable guy comes so i was just trying to get a quick tip before then. :) thanks.

The basic testkit you have should give you a ph number even if it is a range same with chlorine test but unfortunately without a full set of test numbers you will be blind to what is happening in your pool. We are eagerly awaiting the chance to help you. I suggest while your waiting to recieve your testkit you read through pool school a couple times (the more times you read the more you understand) and feel free to ask for clarification on anything you dont understand. Everyone here wants you to understand the corelation between what you put in your water and the quality of said water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.