Need help with stains in my pool...irrigation or rock??

Jul 19, 2013
East Texas
Ok I am a newbie so be gentle on me...lol,, here is my problems. I have a in ground saltwater pool with a swg..I keep getting a dirty yellow stain. I thought it might be scale so I called a pool guy to come check it out for me. He informed me that I have to much metal in my pool. He asked if I had sealed my rock from around the pool and the water fall lately... Answer was no... He said that the metals from the rock is getting on the kids feet and staining the plaster??? He tried some stain away...which I think is the same as vitamin c??? And got no results.. He wants to do a acid wash...

Next question.. My irrigation system pulls water out of a pond behind the house. I get some over spray into the pool when the wind kicks up??? Could this be another issue with the stains??

I hope all this makes sense???

FC 1.9
Tc 1.9
Cc .5
Ph 7.4
Ta 110
CH 360
CYA 20
Copper .27

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I suggest you do your own testing. Use some cheap vitamin c tabs crushed in a sock and set it on the stain for a few minutes.

If no joy, test for organic staining - rub/set a trichlor puck on the stain for a few minutes.

You really need one of the recommended test kits.

Can you post some pics of the staining?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.