fittings leaking

RussV

Jul 21, 2013
Just put in the intex sand filter. I took the old fittings off since they don't have the pressure relief valves in them. When water began to pump, the fitting out of the pool to the filter leaked. I have tightened that thing as tight as it will go and it still leaks.

Did I get a bad fitting? it seems to leak three different places. The side of the fitting, the part that spins. The relief valve and the top of the fitting where you turn the flow on and off.

Anyone have similar issues?

I have replaced the fittings, the ones right off the sides of the pool with new ones from another box from Meijers. The box was open when we bought it and was missing a couple of screws but that was all we could find missing. when we tried to fittings that hold the hoses they leaked from the sides, top, etc. They had minute cracks. Meijers had another one in stock but not on the floor... we replaced the broken ones for new ones and now we are in business...

Thanks for the support, I will be looking at many more posts on here for water cleaning, etc...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.