What am I doing wrong

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Am I so thick :hammer: I cannot get rid of algy, Yesterday my chlorine was 3 this morning my chlorine was .5 and a thin sheen of green algy in my pool. It has been just 5 days since I got rid of the last lot. My TA is 110 my pH is 7.8. I know you are going to ask for my tya but as yet I have not the test kit and cannot get one until I get a visit from the uk. The post here is at best unreliable and only bills get through :evil: :twisted: this is not an exaggeration.

HELP a wrinkly day.

Ok, if you don't know your CYA levels this can be very hard to do as you will be guessing on correct FC levels to clear the algae and more important on what the correct level is to maintain it once cleared.

We can take some educated guesses about the situation, but we need some more information,

Do, you know when was the pool last refilled with water?

What have you been using for chlorination (bleach / liquid chlorine, dichlor, trichlor, Cal-Hypo ?) About how much of each?

How much water splash out / overflow do you have, as well as replacement from rain fall?

Ike

p.s. without a detailed test kit how do you know you killed off all the last batch of algae, and did not just kill 99% to get it below the visual detection level, then let it bloom again when you lowered chlorine level

The pool was filled 18 months ago
I am using Trichloroisocyanuric acid ,TCCA 90 I will have to translate the rest of the information as it is in Turkish.
I use about 5 tons of well water a week which has a hardness of 500. Their is no rainfall in the summer here from June to December.

Sound like you have a classic case of over stabilization, of course without test results it is hard to tell just how high the CYA level is. And as you likely know by now the only solution is substantial water replacement, but again without test results it is hard to say how much. On a side point have you at least switched away form using the trichlor that is the root of the problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.