what is this stuff????????

rory

Jun 10, 2008
what is this stuff algae or not
Not sure if it is mustard algae or not, kind of looks like sand its in the deep end corners and incline of the pool, cant vacuum it, it settles right back. Thiis is the second season with, someone told us it is mustard algae, I'm beginning to think not! please help, coudl it be a chemical imbalance???? : I want to cry :roll: :roll:

i 'm at work and dont have any pix, i can send numbers tonight. sorry thanks for you quck response. no, becuase the pool has sun all over at one point or another, and sometimes it is in the shallow end , when you move it, it clouds up until it settles back down, I have scrubbed, put algae control, because we were told it's algae. I am stumped

Mustard algae usually grows on the walls of the shady side of the pool, though it can sometimes appear elsewhere. Pollen, dead algae, and blown in dust often form drifts in quiet corners of the pool and can look somewhat similar to mustard algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.