Above ground pool vac problem

Wiggledog

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2013
Souderton, PA
We put our new pool in this year and I purchased a Hayward Aqua Bug pool vac on recommendations from a friend and by looking at reviews online. Our pool is 30' round and is dished out in the center. The vacuum has no trouble going up the sides of the deep area but it gets to the outer walls and gets stuck and will not move. It also vacuums over the same areas over and over, and even if left in for hours, misses other parts entirely. Forget about going around the steps. Once as we were in the pool and trying to bump the bug over to an area that needed cleaning, less than a foot away from the location it was in, the hose came off and immediately started sucking up the liner. Luckily my husband was right next to the pump and quickly turned it off. It left a mound that we had to flatten but luckily did not damage the liner or the pump. Since then I do not want to not have someone nearby when it is working. I work at home but the key is that I "work" and I can't spend 4 hours to have it partly clean the pool and get stuck at the walls. A neighbor with a smaller pool had similar problems - so I don't think it is related to size. Am I missing something or is there a better above ground pool vac that does not need to be babysat for four hours? Thanks for any help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.