PVC fountain project

So the pool has had the solar cover on it all week in 95-100* temps. Needless to say the pool was no longer a pool and felt more like a hot tub. The cover was on to keep dirt out while I wait for a replacement vacuum head that I broke. Decided it was now time for a fountain because the hose acting as a fountain just adds un-needed water.

All materials including glue 40 bucks.

[attachment=2:37qdwuvq]rsz_fountain_parts.jpg[/attachment:37qdwuvq]

All pipe and fittings are 1.25" PVC also there is a 10' piece of pipe not shown. Everything is slip style fittings with the exception of the ball valve it is female threaded. The blue piece is my screw on skimmer hose attachment which fits snug inside the 1.25" fittings.

[attachment=1:37qdwuvq]rsz_half_assembled.jpg[/attachment:37qdwuvq]

I used unions to attach the fountain ends to the elbow and tee. This allows for adjustment of the fountain arch. It will also allow me to re-use the fountain head if or when I decide to do a hard plumb in which it will be plumbed on the outside of the pool. The fountain ends have 5/32" holes drilled 1" apart.

[attachment=0:37qdwuvq]rsz_fully_assembled.jpg[/attachment:37qdwuvq]

it works well using my skimmer hose attachment installed on the outlet where the adjustable eyeball return would go. I will be drilling two holes into the tee where the skimmer goes and installing to stainless steel bolts to act as set screws to prevent it from coming off when swimming. I will also add a threaded 90* male elbow to the bottom of the valve to get a circulation as I would if I had the eyeball on. The Home Depot I went to didn't have a large selection of 1.25" fittings almost no threaded fittings everything was slip fit.

Ill have pics of it in action tomorrow.

yes sorry for the delay!

[attachment=1:lsx865t2]fountain 2.jpg[/attachment:lsx865t2]

[attachment=0:lsx865t2]rsz_fountain.jpg[/attachment:lsx865t2]

it works as it should. I do think im going to make another set of heads and drill 1/16" holes to see what happens. I have to get 2 more unions and 2 more end caps to do that. I have plenty of pipe left over.

I did add a set screw to the T that pushes onto my blue skimmer attachment. holds on there good now.

also added a 90 deg male threaded elbow to the bottom of the valve to give the return some circulation instead of just going straight to the bottom of the pool.

the ball valve wide open gets me a little fountain, half closed is about max it will shoot the water 5-10 ft in the air.

I will get some pics of it wide open so its just a little fountain

I like it, kids like it.

will still be put to use if/when I hard plumb since I made it using unions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.