Jandy Aquapure 14000

May 8, 2011
Vacaville,CA
I just fixed my swg cell today by replacing the sensor because of the codes I had. Everything is working fine but I am outside today watching it and it seems to go into cell resting mode a lot. Is it normal or do I need to do something? I guess I have to wait to tomorrow to see if it is producing chlorine or not. Have it set at 50% now running it for about 7 hours like I did before the sensor went bad. Any input would be great. Thanks

You can check to see if it's producing by getting a sample of the return flow and compare it to the rest of the pool.

I am not sure about the "resting mode" you are observing. Does that swg allow you to set a percentage (duty cycle)? If it does I would guess the "resting mode" is just the off portion of the duty cycle.

"Chlorine Percentage" of 50% means the swg is producing chlorine 1/2 the time it is on. So 50% duty cycle. In other words, it appears the "rest time" you observed is in fact the 50% of the time the swg is not producing chlorine. You may be able to shorten your pump time by turning the swg up closer to 100%. Take a look at this article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pump_run_time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.