The Circulator or SwingJets

Jun 19, 2013
Sunny Florida
I am debating between "The Circulator" or "The SwingJet" for added flow, increased circulation, and good surface movement.
Someone said the circulator requires layers of scotch tape to secure it. I emailed the company, they said indeed scotch tape is part of the install. That seems kinda weird to me. Any ideas on that?
Also, I cant find a price on the SwingJets. They appear to be built better (no tape is needed), but they only rotate 90 degrees, the circulator seems to rotate 180 or more.
Thanks so much!

There is no point in getting anything of that kind if you are willing to spend a few minutes adjusting a standard return eyeball fitting appropriately. A properly aimed standard eyeball fitting will give you near ideal circulation, mixing, and surface flow.

Thanks! So, how should they be pointed and what size opening is ideal (larger or smaller eyeball)?

Should they be pointed upwards at the surface, but in a position that doesn't create bubbles?
Or should the be pointed upwards, but each one oriented so flow is clockwise to the skimmer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.