Lost confused crying pulling hair out delimas delimas

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
Soooooooooooooo the drama continues!!!!!!!!! And I thought it was over. Here is my problem, I have been running the pool the last few days, while in the cleanin a green pool process with out adding much chlorine. I for the most part had given up again but waled out by the pool it was blue no green at all, I was stoked. So I went to Ollies and bought some bleach and decided to throw the bleach in to get the cloudiness to go away. Thirty minutes later I have a green pool again. What gives???? My numbers are fine so dont ask that question. I am thinking this is an equipment problem. As during the days that I was letting the pool run I had it pulling from the main drain as well as the skimmer. After putting in the bleach I went full skimmer to get a few things off the top and green green green. Did I say green. So what gives???

You prop didn't maintain shock level long enough. You need chlorine to clear a pool.

Read the SLAM process.

What are your test results and what kit are you using ?

Your done when
1 you pass the OCLT test
2 CC of 0.5 or less.
3 water is clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

You know we like data ... post the test results.

Adding bleach causing the pool to turn green sounds like it could be metals in the water. Although they usually result in a clear color ... not cloudy as you state. So could be a combination of something causing the cloudiness and metals in the water.

Problem is the way to treat them each are counter productive. Usually you want to get the pool clear and finish the SLAM process and then deal with the metal by adding a sequestrant and maybe doing an ascorbic acid treatment if you have stains.

You could try adding some of the sequestrant as described here and then continue to SLAM to see if the water stays blue:
pool-school/metal%20stains

As pwrstrk said, I am not sure you are SLAMing properly.

Bowlin said:
What gives???? My numbers are fine so dont ask that question.

Since the chemistry is fine, you must have annoyed this guy. I can't help you; I'm afraid to even try, lest he curse my pool, too.

Witch-Doctor.jpeg

I use to value these opinions, but its agravating hearing I dont know what I am doing. My cya is non existent so I am shocking around a 12 ppm. My alk is 80 my ph is 7.5, my chlorine is 15 but going to check that in a few and up it back to at least 12 again so shock level yeah and maintain umm yeah again. Again my problem is not my stupidity but the fact that the water an hour agao was blue and after adding bleach its green again. Was blue with a chlorine reading of 0 thats zero so that why I went back to slamming and maintaining just to try and beat the cloudiness. But now I am being told I dont know what I am doing.

How non-existant is the CYA ... you should have it around 20-30ppm for the SLAM process, not only does it protect the FC from the sun, but it also buffers it so as to not be as harsh on the pool.

With 0ppm CYA and 12ppm FC ... that is very harsh and could be a contributing factor to the green tint (is it a tint?) if there are metals.

We have people all the time some here and say everything is fine in THEIR or a pool store's opinion ... that does not mean WE think it is fine. You could have easily checked your attitude at the door and just posted the numbers in your first post like you KNEW we were going to ask about.

Good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have put cya in via bags and pucks numerous times. Severe, fast acting, chlorine demand is most often caused by ammonia left over form the degradation of cyanuric acid (stabilizer) by bacteria. This can occur if the pool is 'slimed' for an extended period of time. Slower acting causes can be dead algae, cheap algaecides, and more.

You will either need to take a sample to a pool store that will test copper and iron or purchase those specific tests from an online retailer. Most stores do not keep those tests in stock for retail sales.

No, stop, don't go, where else will we get our information on "slimed pools"? I need to know more about this bacterial degradation of CYA in perfectly balanced pools!! :roll:

Bowlin said:
I have put cya in via bags and pucks numerous times. Severe, fast acting, chlorine demand is most often caused by ammonia left over form the degradation of cyanuric acid (stabilizer) by bacteria. This can occur if the pool is 'slimed' for an extended period of time. Slower acting causes can be dead algae, cheap algaecides, and more.

Find a wastewater plant near you that has a working lab, and have them check your ammonia levels...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.