Hayward parts question

Jun 10, 2013
I took the plunge and installed my Hayward skimmer into my Intex pool today. Went really smooth! I then decided to hook up my automatic Hayward brand vacuum (diver dave). I assumed that the vacuum fitting that sits on the skimmer would be the correct size for the Diver Dave hose....wrong. Still had to use the stupid cone shaped adapter. Anyone know why this is? They are both Hayward products, why don't they use the same sized fitting?

I tried using the skim vac plate (see attached picture) that came with my skimmer using the cone adapter. The plate kept popping off (not sure when, I'd set it up and go inside) and so the vacuum would stop working. Next, I tried the cone adapter on a threaded adapter into the bottom of my skimmer. Once again, I set it up and went inside. When I came back out (after a couple hours), my pump was cavitating pretty bad and the hose was floating on top of the water like it had somehow gotten full of air. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• 21-1Pv1cfCL.jpg
    21-1Pv1cfCL.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 63
Another idea I had was to fabricate a T in the suction for the pump, one line going to the old suction hole of the pool and the other going to the skimmer. Would it be possible to run the vacuum and the skimmer at the same time? Or would the pump not have the ability to suck from both?

I have an Intex 2650 gal/hr sand pump with a 0.95 hp pump (see below)

Attachments

• 61Nkeb1WUpL._SL1200_.jpg
    61Nkeb1WUpL._SL1200_.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 58
I don't think the vacuum adapter plates are effective. I use this setup and plug it into the base of the skimmer. Never fails

IMG_5316.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.