Storing the test kit

Mithel

Jul 14, 2013
Minnesota
My TF-100 kit arrived today. I noticed that it said to store the "everyday" test box "near" the pool but not outside. Do they not want it out in the rain, etc. Or do they not want it to get hot? I have a three season (screened in porch) where I store most of my pool stuff. Is that okay? Or should I store the test kit inside my house?

You will get the longest life out of your kit by keeping it indoors. The everyday test (it's the K-1000 in the blue plastic box) is often inconvenient to keep inside so we suggest keeping it near the pool but certainly out of the sun and cooler is better than hotter.

Your porch sounds ideal for the K-1000 but keep the big kit indoors.

Awesome, thank you for the prompt and clear answer. I'll keep it indoors. It's actually easier to fetch a bottle of water from the pool as if I was going to the pool store for testing, and then just doing the testing in my kitchen.

Because you need the proper lighting. You can prepare the solution inside, but to perform the test you should be outside with your back to the sun holding the tube at waist level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.