My little AGP was great until I put in PH PLUS

wampa1

Jul 31, 2007
Fareham,England
What have I done?

I only have test strips but my PH according to the strips was 6.8 so I added what is called pH Plus(Label Sodium Carbonate)

Instantly the pool went from blue sparkling water to cloudy white and horrible.

What did I do wrong? Everything else seems to be fine apart from it being cloudy. I have now bought it up to shock level and it looks clearer until you move the water around then it goes cloudy again.

Post a full set of test results. I will bet that your calcium hardness is high and that you precitpitated out calcium carbonate, making the pool cloudy.
THIS is why having a good test kit and good test results are important before adding chemicals!

wampa1 said:
I have spoken to Dave about getting a good test kit out in the UK.

We only have test strips out here.... :-D :-D

Pools is the next big thing out here.. Just our weather. Rain sun rain more rain..
Palintest is available in the UK and they have a range of testkits for pools.

Iam at my wits end now. Pump running 24/7 Ok Intex pump, Pool clear looks crystal blue. Then you get in the pool less then 5 mins and the pool is white and cloudy & very gritty under foot.

PH 7.2
free Chrlonine 5
total chlorine 4
Total Hardness 400
total alkalinty 130

I do have a solar cover on when running the pump with skimmer attached(leave a gap for the skimmer to collect water), Could this be the Problem?

When I didnt have the skimmer never had a problem... also never had low Ph before.

The pool has not been used for 14 days( still checking daily and putting in Chlorine) could this be the cause??? with solar cover on?

Bad weather in the UK..

Today loads of kids in the pool splashing!! Just gutted that they seem to be swimming in cloudy water..

Less then 5 mins before it went cloudy, 4500 litres or is it just my pool is too small?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.