white covers on bottom and how to remove lots of stains.

Got this pool cleaned up and was wondering what the white things are on the bottom. We did notice that they do have water come out of them due to trying to figure out the valves on this pool we just moved into. Also, you can see that we got it real clean, but there are stains all over. How do we address it? I saw the post about the vitamin C, but this is massive amount of staining. This was taken right after we got it decently clear but now it is crystal, and so awesome!

11,000 gallons
Believe it to be concrete mix. (have not done research to actually determine what it is.)

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 55
You must just have some floor returns to help with circulation ... hard to see in the pix.

Use the Vitamin C to test the stain, if it lightens, then you have confirmed that you have metal stains and will need to do an ascorbic acid treatment to remove them:
pool-school/metal%20stains

If the vitamin C does nothing, try a trichlor tablet for a few minutes. If that lightens it, then the stain is organic and elevated FC should slowly remove the stain.

Can you post a pic of your now crystal clear pool?

Did you follow the SLAM procedure? As in your 1st photo, it really looks like algae!

Also, please fill in your sig as noted in the 1st linked article in Pool School. Don't forget to put your location in your profile page under the user control panel at top.

Thx.

I will have to take a new picture. This pool had laid dormant since beginning of 2010. It had a pool cover with frame and plastic and wood around it. But it still had critters. Green algae, was really bad. We shocked it like crazy, cleaning the filter about once an hour, then after a bit every 3 hours, then put in Clarified, had to because of the filter was old. Cleaned and soaked filter in Cascade to really clean it. It took about a week to get to the first picture I posted, where we could actually swim. But now I manage it real carefully and it is doing great! I do use the BBB method, I buy the chlorine from Pinch O' Penny as it is cheaper than buying bleach from the store. They only charge $4.98 for 2 1/2 gallons and it is at 11%, so that was more economical.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 41
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.