best type of inground pool?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
wife and i were just floating around in our little intex pool discussing maybe building an inground next year, been looking around, cant seem to find what im looking for,

what is the best type to get? fiberglass? vinyl liner? plaster? steel or plastic? need a little insight and direction... what the pros and cons to each and which one would we be better off with? we would try to keep cost below 30k and strive for close to 20k... i would also go with sand filter if that matters and the wife wants a deep end ~8 ft or so.

thanks!

"Best" type of pool is impossible. Pros and cons of each won't work because a feature that might be a pro for some would be con con for others.

Masonry pools cost the most.

In-ground vinyl is next

AG pools are the least money.
cant seem to find what im looking for
Post up the features you want and we'll chime in but, in writing them down, you will probably narrow your choices pretty quickly on your own.

i thought vinyl was cheapest?

anyway, we want a pool that is easy to maintain, decent size, say 16 X32, poured concrete around it (price will dictate how much)

we will want a kidney shaped pool, with some led lighting, a small cascade waterfall fountain, nothing fancy, just for the kids to play in and to help cool pool, a deep end with a diving board. we may also add a slide later... maybe.

as far as the pool itself, i want an economical pool that is as easy to maintain as my intex is.

You left out fiberglass.
Have to agree with the other posters- a pro to me is a con to someone else. We love our fiberglass pool. simple to maintain- no worries about the dogs swimming in it.
If I ever did it again I would go for the gunite/plaster. (why you ask?)

Since this is our first inground we had nothing to compare with other than the big park pools around here(out of the question) So I built what I knew I could physically and financially manage. Fiberglass allowed for easy dig, no liner wrinkle problems and no worry about Daily PH swings from fresh plaster.
I would have liked to have a sloped walk out- not stairs (easier for the animals and us older folks) plus it provides a nice place for the grand kids to just sit and still be in water. (is this a tanning ledge?)
I love our freeform, but after swimming this season we could use way more width and about 10-15 ft more in length.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.