New Hayward Ecostar - Need to configure

Hey all,

First off I must say I love this forum. Just found it a few days ago and have been spending a ton of time here. Stopped an algae bloom and the water is beginning to look better than it has all season. I recently got a hayward ecostar installed by leslie's. They configured it but I'd like to start from scratch and configure it appropriately myself.

They set it up by the first two hours at full speed to run the automatic vacuum. Then they said I just leave it in there and the speed drops and it 'should be fine'

When running it this way, the skimmer will never run, water is always moving through the vacuum. Based on things that I've read in other threads here, I don't need to vacuum every night. So I'd like to reconfigure the pump for optimal cleaning and energy savings.

I've looked around a bit but not even sure where to start any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Here is a pool pic if its helpful:

Ec8D82I.jpg

First, you want to find the lowest speed that the skimmers still work well at, but not slower than 900 RPM in any case. 900 RPM is the most efficient speed, but you may need to go faster to keep the skimmer(s) happy.

Then you want to set things up so you run at that speed for a couple of hours at between two and four different times of day spread out around the clock. You may need to experiment with the total pump run time. Most pools are fine around 4 to 6 hours, though some require a bit more than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.