Chemical Storage

May 20, 2013
Tulsa, OK
So where do people store there chemicals. I'm looking at a metal storage cabinet (like in an office) on my porch. Its shaded but would still get very hot here in Oklahoma. I have a shed in my back yard but I cant see it being any better then the cabinet on the porch. Any comments/ thoughts/ suggetstions..?

The acid fumes will corrode that metal in no time. Better to look for a plastic deck box or something.
Bleach and test kit should be stored out of the heat like an interior closet

It is ideal to store bleach inside; however, many of us have used our garages or outbuilding for ages.

The MA should be stored away/separate from any chlorine source. Chlorine and MA do NOT play well together.

Example: we store bleach (only a week or two supply) in the garage. MA we store under the deck behind a brick pillar and it is 'outside'. It is exposed to heat, but not direct sun.

Others will chime in with their storage ideas.

I do not even think the sun matters for the muriatic acid ... beside the heating and probably more out-gassing as a result, but chemically I did not think it affected it.

We keep the bleach in the laundry room (although much less now that the SWG is running) and the acid sitting outside by the pool equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.