help im unsure

Jul 20, 2013
After 22 Hrs To Fill Up My 14Ft 48 Inch Pool Intex Ultraframe I Think I Have Come To Conclusion And Drain Then Relevel And Move It Slightly UP...plz Any Advice Would Sure Help Me...This Pool Is Mostly For Me My Hubby Doesn't Care For It lol...Ill Put Pics Its Abt Three Inches Or Two Squares off

I Cant Upload A Pic Keeps Saying Invalid Maybe Cause Im Using My Phone :/ No I Would Try To Raise It Up Just Move The EntiRe Pull Up Abt Half A Ft It Looked Level The Bubble Was In The Middle Lol I Used A 8Ft 2X4 Tho At Two Inches I Saw The Heavy Side A Lil More Water Than The Other I Was Hoping The Ground Would Settle Can You Tell Me How To Post Pics Thx So Much For Your help

Heres my pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374338900194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374338900194.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 248
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374338915879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374338915879.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 248
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374338933534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374338933534.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 248
Here's two while I'm in the pool also the spout thing is barely covered i believe i should level the lighter side abt two inches but plz tell me the best way since hubby will be working tom I'm enjoying it today before i drain it tho :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374339043791.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374339043791.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 248
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374339096320.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374339096320.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 248
Yeah he did and it looked level everywhere with the bubble leveler but he doesn't have time to help me remove it right now so I'm going to drain it overnight and when he's off next he will be out here helping me agn...he said this Dang thing isn't coming down took us almost four hrs to get it level and up im so glad there's ppl to help me out thanks so much :)

Well let me say this.. Mine is worse than that... It is coming down next week to get the spot level.

Pretty much everyone here will tell you that is TOO far out of level and I agree.
I have decided when I take my down to have the excavator come back out to do his job properly, "which he has agreed to do" to make it within 1 inch of level.

Then I was told by a pool installer to lay down #2 crusher with limestone as my base, to level THAT and compact it with a plate compactor, then to lay down the foam insulation sheets and then the pool on top of that.

But, my liner has not burst, the walls have not come crashing down, but I don't sleep well at night wondering if it might so I would recommend to take it down, get the ground nice and level and perhaps do what I am planning to do, not want you want to hear, but the folks here know what they are talking about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thx For Replying...I Am Going To Drain It Tonight Or In A Few Hrs When Im Tired Of Swimming Lol How Much Should Or Do I Need To Dig Down I Think Two Inches Should Do It...Is There A Special Technique To Leveling Besides A 8Ft 2X4 And A 4 Ft Bubble Leveler....I Did Use Sand Fifteen 50 Pound Bags Just For Comfort...I Appreciate All The Responses And Ill Prob Have More Questions When It's Chemical Time Lol Hubby Is Just Like Me A Noob At All Of This....Google Is My Best Friend Lol Do Glad I Found This Website :)

unkyjoe said:
Well let me say this.. Mine is worse than that... It is coming down next week to get the spot level.

Pretty much everyone here will tell you that is TOO far out of level and I agree.
I have decided when I take my down to have the excavator come back out to do his job properly, "which he has agreed to do" to make it within 1 inch of level.

Then I was told by a pool installer to lay down #2 crusher with limestone as my base, to level THAT and compact it with a plate compactor, then to lay down the foam insulation sheets and then the pool on top of that.

But, my liner has not burst, the walls have not come crashing down, but I don't sleep well at night wondering if it might so I would recommend to take it down, get the ground nice and level and perhaps do what I am planning to do, not want you want to hear, but the folks here know what they are talking about.

You need to check into Pool School for a run down on what is recommended to keep your pool clean and then ask questions. You should also invest in a good test kit like the TF-100. There is a link for comparing in Pool School.

Getting the site level without knowing what you are doing is going to be difficult.

It is tedious, time consuming work, not to mention BACK BREAKING moving the dirt on your own.

Check the forums here, there are several methods of doing this the right way, one of which I mentioned in an earlier post. The object is to REMOVE the soil down to the lowest level, not to add soil "which will sink" once you add the weight of the water.

If your Hubby is not into helping you then you might want to check around for a pool installer to give you a hand :-D

Heres my update guys....and it looks alot better than before :) only abt a inch off this looks great right??? I'm fixing to clean the few leaves out of the pool and chemicalize it :) i got two more im going to post with the water and debris in it and another pool shot...thx so much for all the help we added ten more bags of sand and used a 2x4x8 and kept going in circles while it was naked into the ground this method worked perfect :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374859853441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374859853441.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374859870470.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374859870470.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374859907266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374859907266.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 96
Here's the last ones ill be doing the cleaning and all the chemicals tonight do to its suppose to keep raining but not much so far just don't want to waste the chemicals and the rain messes it all up

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374860121252.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374860121252.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374860146702.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374860146702.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374860165443.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374860165443.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 96
Looks pretty close to level to me :)

Keep an eye out for SAND WASHOUT from splash water and or rain, this is one of the problems using sand underneath. But enjoy the pool for now and just inspect it after heavy bathing or large storms.

Good job :)

unkyjoe said:
Looks pretty close to level to me :)

Keep an eye out for SAND WASHOUT from splash water and or rain, this is one of the problems using sand underneath. But enjoy the pool for now and just inspect it after heavy bathing or large storms.

Good job :)

Thx :) We Dug Down First The Added The Sand For Comfort Like Before But Used The Level And Circle Idea Made Us A Lil Dizzy Tho Lol It Took Abt Two Hrs To relevel The Area I Think This Is Going To Be So Much Better Than Before And Covers The Water Spout Thingy Lol Since Im In The Dallas Tx Area I Still GEt A Good Two More Months Out Of Use Thx To Hot Weather :) Finally Get To Enjoy This Pool :) Thx Agn For All Your Help...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.