Booster Pump Making Strange Noise (Video)

Is your pool cleaner attached while the motor is running and making the horrific noise? When I remove my pressure side pool cleaner and hose all the way back to the wall with the pump running, it makes a similar noise. It has something to do with the back pressure, I guess.

I spoke to soon. This morning could hear the booster pump running and making the same horrible noise from inside the house. Did some googling and found a few places that mention a noisy pump is a sign for replacement. Sticker shows it to be a 2002 model. How long do these usually last?

I think eleven years of service would be about the limit of most pumps. I suppose you could try to replace parts, but you may find a new one to be less costly to run and more relaible. As to size, it sounds as though you have varied demands. I can't comment on matching horse power and electrical demand. Sorry it didn 't work out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.