Did I miss something?

snuhjr

Jun 17, 2012
Independence, KY
I have been a member of this site for a little over a year. I don't post much (if at all). I am planning on putting an above ground pool in next summer so I have been educating myself on this site for a while and viewing the new pool builds and everything else.

I am totally confused about something. Why is shocking the pool now referred to as slamming? Every post has sh*ck replaced with SLAM.

I am just curious. I feel like I missed something very important.

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks,
Scott

We had a contest to select a new name ... SLAM (Shock Level And Maintain) was the winner to be used to describe the process that we recommend.

The word "shock" has too many different meanings to too many different people (especially new members) and SLAM is meant to hopefully avoid some of that confusion. Same process, just a different name:

[slam:3cbphvyf][/slam:3cbphvyf]

To differentiate the shocking "process" from simply store bought bags of shock chunked into the pool. Folks throw in 2 or 3 bags and think they've actually shocked their pool-----generally not the case. All they did was temporarily raise FC and usually no where near the shock level required per their cya level. Much less maintain it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.