Ch / PH test picture help

Welcome to tfp, Rynz :wave:

Yes, it looks like 8.2 to me. Keep in mind on that test when it indicates 8.2 it can actually be higher. Lower ph using Muriatic Acid and the poolcalculator.com to calculate dosing.

By the way, what cyanuric acid (cya) level do you have? You likely do not have enough chlorine in the pool since your TC is ~1 ppm. See this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

I agree with linen's numbers.

FYI, the number of drops for the pH test you use is not critical ... you could use one more (or one less) to see if it is easier to match the color. You do not care about the saturation, you care about the hue.

I've actually had heavy rain raise PH, I think due to aeration as the drops hit the surface. You can use either PH down or muratic acid if you have either on hand, if buying acid is usually cheaper but you have to use safe handling methods.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.