Aqua Leader - Sentinelle 27' x 54" support post issue.

Jul 18, 2013
This thread may be a little difficult to follow. Three threads have been combined. Please add any add'l info concerning the support issue in this thread only! Thanks, Butterfly

Hello,

I have been putting up an Aqua Leader Sentinelle 27' round pool the past few days and I have gotten to the point in the instructions where it calls to level and plum the support posts. Now the base plate are all level with the blocks underneath. However what I am finding is that I cannot get the support posts to plum up. Some are either blowing out at the top or in at the top and I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me please ?

Thank you in advance
Ryan

It's a j bead liner and I've installed the top rails but just loosely. The instructions say to install loosely until the water is at 2 ft from the top which is where it's at now and then go around and square/plum up the poles. It's not off alot but enought that the top of the pool isn't round and some are either in and 1.5" or out an 1.5" off plum it's just really hard to pull out the top of the supports now so I kinda panicked. Is there any tricks to helping set the posts to plum or is it just go around and push/pull the top of the supports in or out and screw down the top seat once they are close to plum

Thank you again
Ryan

Aqua Leader Round has a low section....

Split from Casey's thread and merged with your other thread. Please do not hijack another poster's thread. Keep all info concerning the construction in this thread so folks will have history. Thanks, Butterfly

Here is a video that shows my issues if you can please take a look and see if you see anything out of the ordinary. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXCr8Srwc0

Re: Rounding the Corner to a New Pool Build

Rkol, if it's only those 2 post, I would not worry about it. You could be out of round a tad on the bottom track which is impossible to fix now. Are the post plumb? If not, take the rails off n replumb every one. The pool looks level to me.

Tech guy, I'd so take you up on your offer of helping. Thanks!!!

Roll, this should be in a new thread, not buried in Casey's

As to your problem, I would say that if to are confident the bases are level with each other, I would adjust the risers sideways to see if you can't get them to fit better. I changed my liner but didn't reattach my top rails until the pool was essentially filled. I have resin risers and top rails like you pool does.

I am not a pool engineer but I believe the risers main job is to hold the top rails so if they are slightly plumb to the wall, it is not a structural concern. The stell wall is doing the work of holding the wall into the pool.

rkol-My two cents for what they're worth is that when you finally fill the pool the force/weight of the water will force the columns back into plumb...just my expectation. There is nothing to oppose the columns with no water against them now.

My installer is charging $599 for all that stuff Casey so your deal is a good one!

Worked on our retaining wall over the weekend and it is coming out great. The installers should be here next week to get the pool in and then we are a go for the rest of the deck! So happy to hear you got it under control and hubby will be doing his water therapy soon!!!

Becci

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Agree, rkol needs a seperate thread.
Rkol, looking at the horizon line of your top rail it looks wavy to me, you may be struggling with an improperly leveled site.
How did you level site, what tools did you use and how close to level is it.

Perhaps you can start a seperate thread and link to it so comments can be moved over there.

Its very difficult to judge by the top edge of the resin rails as they may nave a decorative or functional "wave" to them where they are thicker(taller) near the segment ends. It may also have a pattern in the resin that makes them look wavy. It all matters at the top of the bottom (and top) of the walls, without any fitting/covers... I find photos to be deceiving at times.

Filling the pool all the way up MAY cause the top edge to be round as opposed to the slight oval you appear to have with the water lower.

I just had this exact pool installed and they completely assembled the pool prior to filling with water.The support posts were installed but were not tighten. As they started filling the pool and getting the linear smooth against the cove another gentleman was out side the pool with a 4ft. level making sure the post were plumb and tightened each one.

Aqua Leader Round has a low section - HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Hello,

I have just installed an Aqua leader 27' round pool and I have a two post section that is approximately an inch lower than the opposite side of the pool. Is there any way to maybe lift the block up for those support posts and raise that section rather than drain the entire pool to correct the issue the rest of the pool is very close but you can really tell that a section about two support posts wide is slightly low. Any suggestions?

Re: Aqua Leader Round has a low section - HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!

You will never be able to fix the post with the pool full. You'll have to drain it or live with it.

You can't raise the posts on steel walled pools, it's not just the post that your impacting, it's also the bottom rail that the wall is resting in, you'll destroy the bottom rails.
If it needs to be fixed the only way is to take it down and relevel the area.

In your other post I asked about leveling, how did you level the site and how level did the end site turn out (ie: 1/2", 1", etc)

I mentioned in the other post that the horizon of the top rails looked wavy, it may just be the pic but if you have an unlevel site theres no quick fix to that.

The site was within an inch using a surveyors transit the top rails just needed adjusting and they all worked out well its just that between these two posts we have a difference in water level I'd say it looks to be 1.5"-2" difference. do you think this is a big deal as far as safety or just going to be aesthetically unpleasing to me.

Well, your story has now changed ... first it was 1" and now you are saying maybe 2"

Generally we have said anything within 1" is fine ... more than that and you are taking a risk.

1" is within standards. 2" is too much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.