Need a little cya and vacation question.

Hi all, first off here are current test results.
FC 5.4
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 80
Cya 60
My cya has dropped from 80 to 60 since may. I guess due to the amount of rain and having to drain about 4 inches many times. My question is when I go on vacation this week should I add some trichlor pucks in the skimmer while I am gone so I can get some cya added along with chlorine or just go ahead and add cya now? I will be running my swg while gone I was just thinking the pucks would add peace of mind and bump up the cya a little while out of town. If this is a good idea can you buy just a couple of pucks or do you have to buy a big tub of them. Thank you for your input.
Ryan

I think the best path is just to let your SWG handle things while you are gone.

Pucks in a skimmer is not a very good idea.....not always, but it can cause some not so good side effects. If you decide to use pucks, one of the puck floaters is a somewhat better idea. I would consider the pucks and your SWG as weraing a belt with suspenders....a little overkill.

Seems like you have been having good success with 80 CYA so I would bring it back to that number. Your splashout, rain, etc. is surely what caused the CYA to drop to 60 but even 60 ppm is not a deal breaker.

You seem to have your pool water management in good control...nice work :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.