Can I clean pool from inside while slamming

Welcome to tfp, latinpr0phet :wave:

You can safely swim up to your SLAM level. Even some above that won't harm you for short periods of exposure. You may just want to rinse off after (and you may want to use an old swimsuit).

Thank You for quick reply.

I just started this whole pool thing and realized it was connected wrong, and was never shown how to maintain FC. So now I have a small algae issue. I have added a bottle of liquid chlorine and TC is high, so that is why I asked that question.

Pool is 16 ft' x 4 ft' tall
6000 gallons
AG
Sand Filter
7/4/2013 pool installed Used

Not sure how to read this test strip, currently SLAMMING Pool CC is above 10 ppm I guess because 10ppm is blue and the test strip is Green. FC is currently 10ppm which should be ok for SLAMMING. Should I continue to add more chlorine, since cc is still high and there is a smell of chlorine?

http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html

This link will save you the time of ordering the incorrect kit. It is not the cheapest but it is the best value out there and comes with a more convenient case. You can do as many twice as many of each of individual tests as you can with the Taylor kits, it comes with a dedicated CL tester and you will save more time with kit.

You will not find it on any store shelf (unless you are near Rocklin, CA, and even there, you need to ask for them to got get it out of the warehouse... it's not on the shelf).

Thank you Techguy.. You have been very helpful.. Not easy going through all this when you are a total newbie, and using a used pool. Too many variables and tons to learn. I did not even know what position for handle on multi valve filter. It took me 3 hours to find some time of diagram on the web. But now filter is on right setting. Will look into that tester and keep Slamming the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I started here, I was as lost as you are.

What we teach is how to take care of your own pool. The methods are almost polar opposites to what the store's and pool services tell you to do. It's because we test DAILY and take action DAILY that these methods work. The standard "dump this in the pool, call me in a week" doesn't happen here. We take action by testing, making a decision, adding a measured chemical to the pool (in the safest way possible) and testing again... in an hour, if need be. No assumptions are made, we test to know the issue and take the appropriate action.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.