Mixing and matching Proline and Hayward equipment

Bronco

Jun 3, 2010
SE PA
Thanks for reading this and thanks for any advice you may have.

I had a 1.5HP horizontal discharge Proline pump matched to a Proline cartridge filter that went bad - it's been screeching for a few days now off and on so I know I need a replacement. With Namco out of business locally I searched for a replacement pump online and had no luck so I started looking for an alternate.

I ended up purchasing a Hayward SP15932S to replace the Proline. When I went to swap out the pumps I found that the OD of the threaded discharge of the Hayward doesn't match the threaded union connection on Proline filter body - it is smaller than the Proline was.

Is it possible to order a replacement union to thread into the Proline filter body and connect the Hayward or do I need to purchase a Hayward filter body?

I'd really like to keep using the filter body as it is in fine shape...

Thanks again.

Just a note: that pump you bought is quite large for your pool. What is your filter size?

You should be able to use an adapter to convert the proline thread to the hayward which is 1.5" I believe. If that does not make sense, maybe post some pictures so we can see the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.