Intex Salwater System

Jul 19, 2013
I have an Intex Saltwater/Pump System. Had some storms and bad rain and now when I plug it in, the GFCI trips each time. Should I try letting it dry out or is the pump dead? I have no idea if there is a fuse or something I can change. It is the model with the GFCI built in if that helps. Any help would be awesome!

This kind of motor is not supposed to get wet on the inside (or anywhere else) at all.

If it only got wet on the outside splash cover this would not present a problem, however if water vapors condensed inside the motor, as it is summer and humidity coming of the rain soaked ground can enter the motor from the underside, then this could cause the GFI to trip.

In such case, where the motor probably got wet inside, because of condensation, it should be completely dried, perhaps with the use of a hair dryer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.