What are the best times of day to run your filter/SWG?

Jun 16, 2013
Massachusetts
I was wondering what is the best times of the day to run your SWG and filter? After reading several posts regarding the burn rate of chlorine due to the sun. Would it be better to run the SWG during evening/nights hours? Would this allow the chlorine to be most effective since it won't be burning out as the system is producing it?

On the flip side of what you just said, if you are not running in the day, the FC may get too low.

There really is no best time ... running a little in the day and a little at night might help capture more off the surface before it sinks.

I dose manually at night and I've started leaving my pump off during the day under the impression that the warmer water will remain on the top instead of mixing in and some heat will be lost. I don't think it really makes much difference though.

Running an SWG overnight would allow chlorine to accumulate for the following day. But, you can't argue with spreading it out over 2 sessions (which gives more consistency).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.