Please take a look at my pool bid

Jul 8, 2012
Hello,

My wife and I have been looking at putting in a pool for the past year and I think we are ready. Can you all take a look at the bid and let me know if I'm missing anything or any questions I should be asking. We live in Las Vegas with a small yard and are trying to keep this as economical as possible so no spa unfortunately. The builder is also reccomending a P-4 control panel for $900 which I don't know if we will need on such a basic pool. Thank you.

Pool Proposal
Pool: 25’ x 21’, 396 Sq. ft., 91 Perimeter, Depth 3.5’-6’.
Spa: N/A
Plans, Permits, Engineering:Included
Pre-grade: Pregrade all sod and landscaping at rear and East side of house. (3) Loads.
Excavation: Mini-Bobcat through East side of property.
Plumbing: Complete plumbing of pool. 2” Schedule 40 PVC piping. Includes main drain line, skimmer line, pool cleaner line, and auto-fill. Pre-plumb for future salt system.
Steel: Structural steel per engineers report.
Electrical: Complete electrical of pool. Includes home run from house panel to pool panel, all necessary pool runs, Includes (1) 400W pool light, all necessary pool runs, bonding, J-box, ect.
Gunite: Minimum 4,500 P.S.I. per plan
Tile: Complete waterline tile for pool (owners selection choice)
Decking: 567 sq. ft. decking with spray finish (owners color choice). Includes all necessary steps, turndowns, deck-o-drain, cantilever, ect.
Interior finish: White plaster
Equipment: Hayward Ecostar variable speed motor, 325 sq. ft. cartridge filter. “The Pool cleaner”
Walls: N/A
Gates: Bring existing East gate to pool code.
Total Consideration:___$ 29,900

Around here, that cost overall is dirt cheap with pool pricing. Not only that, but they are offering a VS pump which no one here does. You have to insist on one if you want it. At that price, I would strongly suggest getting references and seeing their past work. Also, at that price I would absolutely upgrade to a quartz or pebble finish. Based on sq ft, pool prices here are 105.00 and up. 105 is for nothing fancy. Basic coping, maybe a quartz finish, basic one speed pump, no frills whatsoever. I hope you find this is a reputable builder and let them build you a pool. I can only say what I know in comparison to here, but there is no way anyone I have talked too would do that for the price you list. No way...

Brushpup said:
Around here, that cost overall is dirt cheap with pool pricing. Not only that, but they are offering a VS pump which no one here does. You have to insist on one if you want it. At that price, I would strongly suggest getting references and seeing their past work. Also, at that price I would absolutely upgrade to a quartz or pebble finish. Based on sq ft, pool prices here are 105.00 and up. 105 is for nothing fancy. Basic coping, maybe a quartz finish, basic one speed pump, no frills whatsoever. I hope you find this is a reputable builder and let them build you a pool. I can only say what I know in comparison to here, but there is no way anyone I have talked too would do that for the price you list. No way...

I appreciate the info. I think it is pretty on par if not a little under other builds in Las Vegas as far as price. This is a small local builder but he is reputable. His father and he have been in business in town for 20 years. I also went to one of his build sites and was able to talk to the homeowner who had all good things to say. Thanks.

Well that is really good to hear. I've been talking to one builder in business here for only 4 years and they came from Vegas. Not necessarily bad, but not good in my mind either. If your builder has survived the last few years there, I think that is a good sign.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.