TA....130
CYA....32

Added 12oz of muriatic acid last night

Here are my numbers from this morning

FC...2.5
TC...2.5
pH....7.7
TA....120

I did not measure CYA b/c I know I need to add more today at some point to start SWG, hopefully by tomorrow.

The muriatic acid does not seem to have dropped my pH at all, but did help the TA some.

So, it seems I still need to add more muriatic acid, in addition to bleach today and more CYA and I need to add pool salt too.

Our SWG was finally connected this morning, so I would like to get things within range and let my SWG take over a little bit for me.

So which do I add first, how long do I wait between adding different chemicals? We are also supposed to get some t-storms later tonight, although I think they will be quick moving since it is a cold front coming through.

Thx.

You can add the bleach and the CYA at the same time, the CYA can be added to your skimmer if you don't plan to backwash or clean it....

You are going to lower your PH and then aerate? I assume that's the route?

Did you try the pool caculator to get your amounts?

I used the pool calcuator yesterday and it said to add 17oz of acid. I added to 12oz since this was my first time.

Calculating again, it says to add 17oz of acid again and 62oz of bleach.

I will go add the liquid stabilizer now, wait a 1/2 hour and add the bleach.

Then I will add the acid later this afternoon.

I will wait until tomorrow morning to add the salt.

Be careful when you turn on your SWG because you can see a spike in the PH if you haven't aerated by then.

If you are using liquid stabilizer, consider 2/3 the dosing and then retest tomorrow. You don't want to overshoot....

Yes, you should bring the PH down to between 7.2 and 7.4. Once the SWG is running the PH will tend to drift up steadily, so you might as well lower it now. Longer term you might want to lower your TA, or just let the regular acid additions to control the PH lower TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.