Nut grass growing through the pool liner

Jul 18, 2013
Placentia, CA
Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie, and I found this site by accident while I was searching the internet looking for a solution to prevent nut grass from growing through my above ground pool liner. I set my pool up last Sunday and while vacuuming the pool yesterday I was met with the horror of seeing nut grass growing through my brand new intex pool liner. I know nut grass is a resilient weed and I do have it in my yard, but I thought the intex pool liner was tough enough that it couldn't poke through. Needless to say I'm very bummed out.
I'm looking for some type of pad to put under the pool to block the grass from growing through again. I 've heard about the gorilla pad and some type of armour shield pool pad that they got from a pool contractor. If anybody can offer more info these items or other methods that would be very helpful.

Steve

16' round X 48" Ultra Intex Pool, all standard equipment.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Before you lay down any tarp or pad saturate the ground well with nut grass killer first. You would be amazed what that garbage can grow through. A lot of our Intex users lay builders insulating styrofoam under the pool. We have many users that enjoy the feel of the gorilla pad, but I don't t know if anyone uses it specifically for nut grass issues.

The gorilla pad or the armor shield will greatly reduce the possibility of nutgrass intrusion, but may not completely stop it. Placing 1/2" foam board under the pool along with the pad should stop it completely.