Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Chris S

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    31

    Chris S

    Hey everyone,

    What a great site. With the condition of my pool, I'm gonna be here a lot. Seeing as this is a pool forum, I know most of us are concerned with the exterior of our homes. I am a pressure washing contractor, so if anyone has any ?? about power washing or restoring decks, just ask.
    18' round Intex using BBB

  2. Back To Top    #2

    In the Industry

    duraleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    Posts
    29,627

    Re: Chris S

    Hi, Chris,

    Welcome to the site. Central Va sounds like you might be around Charlottesville,.....beautiful part of the United States. I have a question possibly related to both pools and power washing.

    I know that liquid chlorine is available in bulk in larger cities for power washers. I think it's 12%. It seemed that it was quite a bit cheaper than buying it at the pool store but the power washing supplier here in Raleigh closed before I could pursue it further. Do you have a source and have you compared it to pool store pricing?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    477
    I pressure washed my deck, but it did not take the dark stain out. I want to stain it a lighter color, is there a way to get the rest of the stain out of the deck? I don't really want to have to stain it dark again.
    steve

    Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    31

    Re: Chris S

    Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Hi, Chris,

    Welcome to the site. Central Va sounds like you might be around Charlottesville,.....beautiful part of the United States. I have a question possibly related to both pools and power washing.

    I know that liquid chlorine is available in bulk in larger cities for power washers. I think it's 12%. It seemed that it was quite a bit cheaper than buying it at the pool store but the power washing supplier here in Raleigh closed before I could pursue it further. Do you have a source and have you compared it to pool store pricing?
    I pay $1.22 a gallon for a 55 gallon drum of 12.5%. Try here and see if one is close to you. I think they may be a little pricey though.

    When I got in the business, I tried every pool store around, and they acted like I was crazy looking for liquid chlorine. They inisisted that the granual was safer and more effective. It wasn't until I looked in the phone book under "Chemical Distributors" that I found my local source.
    18' round Intex using BBB

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by sevver
    I pressure washed my deck, but it did not take the dark stain out. I want to stain it a lighter color, is there a way to get the rest of the stain out of the deck? I don't really want to have to stain it dark again.
    It all depends on the stain that you applied. Do you know the product? If its' acrylic, it may not be worth the fight to strip it. They can be done, but it can get expensive. If it's an oil, it can probably be 99.9% stripped. Stripping acrylic and oil call for products that can be very hot, as in chemical hot. I have a scar from 3 years ago when I had an o-ring go bad on my hose and some spilled on me. I would definitely leave the strip job to a pro. They should take the care to protect your plants and any painted surfaces that could be damaged.
    18' round Intex using BBB

  6. Back To Top    #6
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879
    Keep in mind that 12.5% belach has a fairly short shelf life, something on the order of three months. The strength of bleach goes down over time. The stronger the concentration the faster it goes down.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Keep in mind that 12.5% belach has a fairly short shelf life, something on the order of three months. The strength of bleach goes down over time. The stronger the concentration the faster it goes down.
    Your right. Luckily, I get mine within a week of it being packaged, and it is very hot. Depending on the pool size, a 15 gallon container would be a good idea. I get mine in a black drum and it stay out of the sun.
    18' round Intex using BBB

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924
    Hi Chris and welcome aboard.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •