Help- can't get my drain valve open

Oct 2, 2007
DE
We took off the cover to our pool last night.
We started filling it back up with water from the hose.
We got the filter set up.

This morning I see ring around the filter is not on correctly-- water is leaking out. I put in a stopper and then was trying to open drain valve at the bottom of the filter. I cannot get it to budge-- I even loosened the pressure release valve. My hubby is at work, and my 11 y.o. is my biggest helper. Is there another trick I might use to get it to open up? It is going to be a hot day and I need to get the filter running.

Help! :cry:
Thanks!!

Blessed- with a pool--
Suzanne

PS once I get this working I have a few more questions.

Suzanne,

Why are you trying to drain it? If it's to reseat the band around the middle of the filter, that may be uneccessary. Tell us a little more about your system or, best, post a pic and someone will be able to help.

I want to drain out the filter to fix the band-- my hubby put the washer on in the wrong spot. :oops:
I don't just need to reseat it, I need to open it up and move a washer to the right spot.

I don't think that I can fix it with all the water pouring out.

Thanks--
Blessed- with a pool
Suzanne

If the filter is above the water level of the pool then all you need to do is to release the pressure, there is no need to drain the filter. The pressure release will allow most of the water to drain back into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.