Spa heater question

cakana

Jul 18, 2013
We have a Jandy Aqualink and recently when using the spa, it heats to a desirable 102-104 degrees and then the heater shuts off and won't restart. It works fine heating it up again the next day but won't maintain the heat. Is this likely a problem with Aqualink or the heater or ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

What heater is it that you have?

When you say it won't restart, do you know that the water temps is lower than the set point on the control system? The heater will only turn back on when the water temperature has cooled down to a degree below the set point.

It's a Hayward heater. The house is currently/newly being rented, so I'm going by what the renter says. He said the temp got up to about 102-104 and then shut off and never came back on. The temp dropped to an uncomfortable (his words) 92-94 but the heater never came back on. He used it again the next night and the same thing happened. We had disconnected the spa side switch after having to replace it 2x due to it shorting out. The pool and equipment is about 12 yrs old.

Silly question but was the pump still running when the heater wouldn't restart? One other thing I would suggest, unless your rental is way far away, I'd go over there and check it out personally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.