I'm ready to circumcize my Intex!

Apr 8, 2013
Battle Creek, MI
Yes, you heard me right. After the pole attachment for my vacuum head broke, I decided to get into the pool today to do the job my hand. I discovered that I've got a buildup of gunk down around the bottom where the seam is. It looks like a flap of ... vinyl or whatever is catching all of this stuff. I'm about to whip out my utility knife and trim this off! Why would Intex, if this flap is necessary in the manufacturing process, not turn it down so that it doesn't catch all that stuff? :hammer:

I have noticed the same thing. The big flap around the bottom catches sand and other stuff. I can get it with my vacuum but it isn't easy. I would be careful with a razor knife in the pool. I don't even think that I would try to trim the flap until the pool is drained at the end of the season.
It would be nice if Intex would offer a deluxe model of their pools with a thicker liner and better workmanship and also a skimmer.

1380ken said:
I have noticed the same thing. The big flap around the bottom catches sand and other stuff. I can get it with my vacuum but it isn't easy. I would be careful with a razor knife in the pool. I don't even think that I would try to trim the flap until the pool is drained at the end of the season.
It would be nice if Intex would offer a deluxe model of their pools with a thicker liner and better workmanship and also a skimmer.

The Intex Ultra frame pool has a better liner but still no skimmer. But its actually almost fool proof to do the skimmer yourself.

poolnew-b said:
1380ken said:

The Intex Ultra frame pool has a better liner but still no skimmer. But its actually almost fool proof to do the skimmer yourself.

Ditto!

BTW, it appears as though you have the small individual loops the legs go through, but you've also got the legs inside the wide belt. Is that the way your instructions said to do it, or did you just take a bit of initiative to do that?

No I was in a hurry to get the pool up and assumed the loop tings went the way I put them.

Funny part is the part in the instructions that tells you how they go is in the filter pump booklet and I didnt need the filter as I was using my old 1600 gph intex sand filter.
I looked through the instructions and even checked google and here before filling, Just as It finished filling someone on here posted about the instructions for that part of assembly being in the filter pump book.

It seems fine but I will just take it down for the winter and put them the right way when I put it back up next year.

poolnew-b said:
No I was in a hurry to get the pool up and assumed the loop tings went the way I put them.

Funny part is the part in the instructions that tells you how they go is in the filter pump booklet and I didnt need the filter as I was using my old 1600 gph intex sand filter.
I looked through the instructions and even checked google and here before filling, Just as It finished filling someone on here posted about the instructions for that part of assembly being in the filter pump book.

It seems fine but I will just take it down for the winter and put them the right way when I put it back up next year.

I think I like yours better, but I'm not planning to empty mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.