lowering water temp?

Jul 15, 2012
NJ
our pool is in direct sunlight most of the day, and with the recent heatwave, the water temp was 92 degrees this morning at 11am! Are there any tricks out there that can help reduce the temp?

Haha. I'm in Jersey too. Brutal isn't it? Can't fight mother nature. Temp is going to be what it's going to be. Personally I like the pool around 90. Still refreshing for an after work night swim. Curious? Why would you want it lower?

FYI Sunday gonna provide a break from this heat wave.

mikemass said:
Haha. I'm in Jersey too. Brutal isn't it? Can't fight mother nature. Temp is going to be what it's going to be. Personally I like the pool around 90. Still refreshing for an after work night swim. Curious? Why would you want it lower?

FYI Sunday gonna provide a break from this heat wave.

I'm with you ...... it's cool enough when it's baking hot during the day and just great at night :cheers: ..... plus i figure the higher it gets the longer it stays warm and the season lasts :mrgreen:

with you ...... it's cool enough when it's baking hot during the day and just great at night ..... plus i figure the higher it gets the longer it stays warm and the season lasts
I agree on this! It's really nice at night, like a big hot tub. Luckily mosquitoes have not been a problem.

Even with the solar blanket on, my small pool can change 4-5 degrees up or down in a day and I know it won't stay this hot for long so I'm reluctant to intentionally cool it down. I tend to leave the solar blanket on all the time mainly to keep it clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.