Small red circle stains at bottom of Deep end, help!

May 8, 2013
Southern IL
I noticed what appeared to be dirt at the bottom of my vinyl liner pool today. So, I tried to brush it off. Wasn't moving so I threw on the goggles and dove down. They are small stains that don't rub off with finger or brush (quickly trying as I can't stay down there for long!). I didn't know if there was a product or trick I could use to try to remove these. My pool was just built and brand new liner not even 2 months old so I'd hate to already have stains. I don't know if it is chemical that has sat down there or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Any chance it is rust? A small piece of steel or a screw can rust and leave a stain on the liner. You can generally get it off pretty quickly with a vitamin C tablet. I dive down with a PVC coupling and set it on the bottom, then put the tablet(s) on the stain. The tabs tend to blow away when you swim off if they aren't restrained. Give it a few hours and see how it looks.

Keep an eye out for kids with BB guns. My son had been shooting in our backyard. BBs would ricochet into the pool, roll to the deep end, sit there and rust red spots, and the next time the pool cleaner was operating the BBs would disappear. The perfect crime!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.