Water Loss At Night With Solar Cover?

May 24, 2010
I'm losing water to this nasty heat wave in the northeast, but also wondering whether a slow leak might be in play. I turned the pump off and put the solar cover down last night. When I checked this morning, the water was down a fraction - maybe 1/16 - 1/8 of an inch. If the pool is covered with a solar blanket at night, there shouldn't be any water loss, correct? I'll run a bucket test when I get a chance, but just wanted to check. Thanks.

Hi Poolman10,

Just curious to know what your end result was. I seem to be going through the same now - losing about 1/16 of an inch with the solar cover on all the time. Only part of the pool not under the solar cover are the steps and a small cutout around the ladder.

Our pool temp was pretty high and the past week we've had a significant drop in outside temps at night. Hoping its due to evaporation and not a leak. I'm about to redo the bucket test - kids and rain got in the way of my first attempt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.