Accidently left the hose on for ~17 hours

May 31, 2013
St.Louis, MO
Left the hose on all night and all day while at work. Happened to remember that it was still on while I was at work and a friend was nearby to go shut it off. Well the water was right at the edge! I was so mad at myself that I forgot this, my water bill is going to probably suck :?

Everything should be okay, right?(as in equipment and liner. Seems fine)

I put it back down to the normal water level as soon as I got home at ~4, then I cleaned it. Now i'm checking the water levels 8 hours later:

I checked twice, did I really lose 1000ppm of salt because of this? I dont doubt the results, just wasnt expecting to lose that much.

FC - 0 (the SWG has been off since earlier, heading out there with bleach in a second)
TC - 0
TA - ~95
CYA - 50
pH 7.8
Salt - 2310 (3250 recommended, I had it at ~3400 last time I had checked not too long ago)

:oops: :lol:
SynQE7w.jpg

Been there, done that! :hammer:

Your pool most likely has an overflow so it won't flood over.

Most spigots will flow about 6 gpm so you added about 6,000 gallons of water. That's probably about 30% of your pool so it's completely believeble that your salt dropped that much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.