Brand new noise

Jul 11, 2013
First post, first pool. Bought a foreclosure as my first home with a 26k gal in ground pool stripped of all the hardware, naturally a green, frog infested, dead bird filled, smelly swamp (Wish I had some before pictures).

Thanks to the folks here and a lot of reading I got a TF-100 test kit and started directly on the BBB method. After one week of shocking filtering and scraping leaves sticks algae and bones, bringing up the TA and PH the FC has held overnight and it is almost clear.

I bought a 300lb sand filter and received a free 1.5hp pump from a friend which had noisy bearings and then the starting cap died. After doing some vac/pressure measurements for head calculation, I bought a brand new 1hp pentair superflo and installed it tonight.

I may just be paranoid from all the problems with the old pump but with the new pump running the pump it is quiet save some small hydraulic and fan noise save a oscillating vibration sound that is not coming from any loose parts but it sounds like it is coming from the motor. The sound is there sometimes and not others and is not audible unless standing near the pump.

Audio clip, sorry for the lack of light. The clip starts at ear level then I put the camera near the rear of the motor housing
[youtube:1m9x4s1z]jKNG9KiEs5Y[/youtube:1m9x4s1z]
Again when the noise is at its loudest the camera is right next to the pump so you cant hear it when you are in/around the pool.

I only have 24 hours from today to request a MRDR with the company I bough the pump from.

Thoughts, suggestions, experience? TIA

It sounds like vibration of some sort.

It could be the bearings in the pump. But thats just uess, My bearins went and made a consistent non stop noise similiar to your noise just more consistent.

Are all your inlet outlet valves open. Maybe their closed and the pump is struggling to pull/push water through the system?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.