What is HTH Liquid Chlorinator?

Apr 24, 2013
Hello all. This site has been a life saver for a new pool owner this spring/summer. I bought a house with a pool in March and used this site to help get my pool management techniques and use the BBB method. I remember everyone recommended "liquid chlorine" if you could source it, but going for bleach if you were unable to find the "liquid chlorine." Long story short, I have been using 8.25% bleach with great success. Today though, I noticed "HTH Liquid Chlorinator" while I was in my local Ace Hardware. The active ingredient was 10% Sodium Hypochlorite, AKA bleach. Is this the liquid chlorine I read about at the beginning of my learning experience? I almost bought it on the spot beings is was inexpensive yet at a higher concentrate than the 8.25% bleach I have been using, but I decided to come here first. Is this safe for the BBB method, or does this product have other by products bad for my CYA similar to the tablets?

Same thing. Just do the math on cost per Oz of active chlorine.

Cost x oz x percentage = cost per active oz

Compare that to your regular source of bleach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone. There's no need for me to compare. It's cheaper for the gallon of liquid chlorine than the gallon of 8.25% bleach. The concentrate calculation would only prove it to be an even better value.

They do not even show that product as being available online. Interesting.

I note their DE is quite competitively priced, but like everything else (with mine at least), it must be ordered, which means I can't use Ace Rewards (possibly the worst Rewards program out there outside of CVS)

:(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Be careful, i was in ace the other day and saw it was on sale as well. I was going to grab some, I checked the date per the julian dating thread, and it was bottled in 2013. Naturally, I didn't get it. I still get the best deal at the pool supply that has 4 gallon returnable crate w/jugs 12.5% (hasa chlorine). Its fresh, cheap, strong, and the biggest plus for me is no waste of bleach bottles.

I get it from abes pool supply, around the corner from my house. (cave creek and greenway rd.) They carry a lot of used stuff, as well, its really nice place the have. It is 12$ for a 4 gallon crate, plus the bottle fee the first time. They get shipments weekly so it's always fresh, and hasa has the manafucter in West Phoenix. If you are not close to abe's, http://www.hasapool.com/dealer_locator_hasa.php you can find a dealer close.B & L also do chlorine 4 gallon crates, but I cant speak for the freahness, but the are approximately the same price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.