How to fix a small pin hole above water level

ChaosChris

Sep 17, 2012
Hey guys ok so brand new liner only 2 months old and tonight I just noticed a small pin hole in it above the water level. It is very small and I am very surprised I even saw it. I thought it was just dirt on the wall. Anyways what is the best way to fix this so no one will see it. Being a brand new liner I don't want anything think showing on it. I just want to get it fixed since when in the pool and the waves splashing it will get a bit in this little hole. I know there are lots of vinyl repair kits with the little clear patches. Is this really my only option or is there some sort of clear product that can fill such a small hole you won't see it? Just worried about the patch turning yellow over time or people seeing it. First time with a vinyl pool so any help from you experienced guys will be great.

Thanks!

My husband melted a small hole in my brand new liner by placing the ladder on it after he super glued it. Well, the glue ran and adheared the liner to the ladder. I gently tried to pull it off which caused a pin hole sized hole. I patched it from behind with 3 patches. The first was pretty small. The second patch was big enough to cover the 1st and then I applied the 3rd patch that covered the 2nd.

What I would suggest to you is to remove the end caps and top rails in that area, pull the liner off the wall and do what I did. The hole seems small enough to not cause an issue and put it back together.

I've used the clear patches. My liner has a lot going on in terms of design so unless you are really looking for the patch it's almost impossible to see. The first hole is like the first dent on a new car.

Thanks guys going to pick up a patch kit tonight. I can't pull the liner back since mine is a bead liner and don't want to have it start pulling out. That would not be a good situation lol. So I will just get a clear patch and do one over it. I just hope it will not show. I have a very dark blue linear with a very graphic boarder so I am thinking no one will even see it. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.