Spa Drain/Polaris Return

Jun 9, 2008
So, I'm a new pool owner and am having trouble figuring out how to circulate water only in the spa portion of my pool. I have shut off the return valve to the main part of the pool and left open the spa return. Then, shut off the skimmers and main drain and opened the spa drain. The water level starts to go down at that point. I have realized that water is still leaving the spa because the return that my Polaris cleaner is hooked up to splits off before the point on the plumbing that splits the main returns and the spa returns. Make sense????? There is no valve on the Polaris tube that goes to the Polaris booster that makes the robot work. (At least no valve that looks like the rest of my valves.) Any ideas????

Welcome to TFP!

You need to turn off the return going to the Polaris or it won't work. If this is a new pool, have the builder come and either show you where the valve you can't find is or put in the correct valve if there isn't one already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.