Beaded Liner Came Out

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
Pool party this afternoon - 8 kids in the pool. At one point about 4' of the liner came out of the bead. Is this something I need to be concerned about? How to prevent this in future? I did not lose any water. I took the top rails off and pushed it back into the bead. Of course now that this happened I will worry about it happening again from now on. :(

Typically you do not need to take the top rail off to put back a liner bead into a bead receiver. I have heard of something called "bead lock" that also goes in the bead receiver along with the liner bead and helps keep it in there.

We have the bead lock on our pool. I have no idea where to get it as our installer had it with him.

BUT I have heard of people using pennies and Popsicle sticks. All you really need is something to fill in the space where the liner goes in the holder. Good luck!

Happened to me too except it had happened over the winter and was found out after the winter cover came off. Get this: http://www.inyopools.com/Products/03800 ... 4Aod7FMAXg
I just put it on our pool and it took around 4 hours as I had to remove all the top rails to be comfortable with the install. Will it work? Won't know until the next time, or lack of next time. I posted earlier on if anyone had success with the liner lock and never got a conclusive answer. I can tell you this though, that for $30 I "feel" a little more confident that it won't happen again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.